The Japanese Encephalitis vaccine is given as a two dose series.
About Japanese Encephalitis
- JEV is transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected mosquito, primarily Culex species. Wading birds are the main animal reservoir for the virus, but the presence of pigs greatly amplifies the transmission of JEV.
- Humans are a dead-end host in the JEV transmission cycle.
- JEV is the most common cause of encephalitis in Asia, occurring throughout most of Asia and parts of the western Pacific. JEV has not been locally transmitted in Africa, Europe, or the Americas.
- JEV transmission principally occurs in rural agricultural areas, often associated with rice production and flooding irrigation. In some areas of Asia, these ecologic conditions may occur near or occasionally within urban centers.
- In temperate areas of Asia, transmission is seasonal, and human disease usually peaks in summer and fall. In the subtropics and tropics, seasonal transmission varies with monsoon rains and irrigation practices and may be extended or even occur year-round.
- In endemic countries, JE is primarily a disease of children. However, travel-associated JE can occur among persons of any age.
Link to CDC page:
In response to the COVID 19 emergency, we are asking that clients visiting our offices please: Maintain Social Distancing, Do not enter if you have a fever and to wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms like coughing or sneezing.
The 2019-2020 Flu Vaccines ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
SENIOR FLU VACCINATIONS (HIGH-DOSE AND FLUAD) FOR THOSE 65 AND OLDER ARE AVAILABLE.
Flu shots are FREE with insurance coverage.
Most Insurances accepted for Vaccinations
The Newest Shingles vaccine, Shingrix is available at our offices. Supplies are limited and may run out due to demand so availability is not guaranteed. Click here for more information about the vaccine.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Burn Fat. . . Get Energized with our weekly LIPO SHOT!.
ENERGIZE YOURSELF WITH A SHOT OF B12. We NOW offer bi-weekly (every 14 days) injections of VITAMIN B12. The cost is $20 per shot with every 5th SHOT FREE!
Travel vaccines are in high demand as mission groups, vacationing families, research teams, student groups and individuals plan travel outside of the United States. Travel Vaccinations are The Shot Nurse’s specialty! Our specialists will consult with you about what is needed for your trip abroad including the hard to find yellow fever vaccine with documentation. You’ll even receive a complimentary prescription for Malaria medication during your trip! Click here to view our extensive travel vaccination page.
Yellow fever vaccine is available at our Poplar office only. Please call for details.
Get Vaccinated and Prevent Measles
Since measles is still common in many countries, unvaccinated travelers bring measles to the U.S. and it can spread. Protect yourself, you family, and your community with the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, especially before traveling internationally