The Japanese Encephalitis vaccine is given as a two dose series.
This vaccine must be special ordered. Supply of this vaccine fluctuates frequently whereby pricing and availability can quickly change. Pre-paying for all your vaccine at once is the best way to insure you'll have vaccine when you need it and at the same price.
About Japanese Encephalitis
- JEV is transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected mosquito, primarily Culex species. Wading birds are the main animal reservoir for the virus, but the presence of pigs greatly amplifies the transmission of JEV.
- Humans are a dead-end host in the JEV transmission cycle.
- JEV is the most common cause of encephalitis in Asia, occurring throughout most of Asia and parts of the western Pacific (Map 2-5). JEV has not been locally transmitted in Africa, Europe, or the Americas.
- JEV transmission principally occurs in rural agricultural areas, often associated with rice production and flooding irrigation. In some areas of Asia, these ecologic conditions may occur near or occasionally within urban centers.
- In temperate areas of Asia, transmission is seasonal, and human disease usually peaks in summer and fall. In the subtropics and tropics, seasonal transmission varies with monsoon rains and irrigation practices and may be extended or even occur year-round.
- In endemic countries, JE is primarily a disease of children. However, travel-associated JE can occur among persons of any age.
Link to CDC page:
The 2016-2017 FLU VACCINE IS NOW AVAILABLE
We also have the NEW QUADRIVALENT FLU VACCINE & HIGH DOSE FLU VACCINE FOR THOSE OVER 65.
The CDC advises Universal Annual Flu Vaccination for EVERYONE over 6 months.
Most Insurances accepted for Vaccinations
Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Burn Fat. . . Get Energized with our weekly LIPO SHOT!.
ENERGIZE YOURSELF WITH A SHOT OF B12. We NOW offer bi-weekly (every 14 days) injections of VITAMIN B12. The cost is $20 per shot with every 5th SHOT FREE!
Travel vaccines are in high demand as mission groups, vacationing families, research teams, student groups and individuals plan travel outside of the United States. Travel Vaccinations are The Shot Nurse’s specialty! Our specialists will consult with you about what is needed for your trip abroad including the hard to find yellow fever vaccine with documentation. You’ll even receive a complimentary prescription for Malaria medication during your trip! Click here to view our extensive travel vaccination page.